Wow. What a difference a week can make. After giving myself permission to hang on to summer, the weather changed here and I’m taking baby steps toward embracing autumn…still in shorts and flip-flops mind you. With cooler mornings and shorter daylight hours, I’m thinking about baking and polishing my boots. For me, each season starts with a bucket list of good intentions for celebrating, organizing and staying on track. Without further ado:
- host an aunty dinner, this involves my teenage nephews and their girlfriends coming over for a meal and a catch-up at my house. I love that they’re willing to hang out!
- go to a pumpkin patch and take photos
- purge the jacket and shoes closet
- decorate the front entry for Fall
- take swimming lessons; I’m very comfortable in the water but never learned a proper stroke with breathing and that’s my goal. I do work at an amazing aquatics centre after all, it would be nice to use it!
- plant garlic on October 31; it’s folklore
- play with zentangles; artsy doodle meditation they say….worth a try.
- have a pumpkin spice latte; uh, totally mandatory!
- run 2 times each week minimum
- visit the apple orchard
- have a crafty sleepover with Sydney; my lovely niece, always so much fun!
- exercise everyday; even if it’s just for a 20 minute walk, keep moving
- be thankful, really thankful
- reorganize the home office area; um yeah, this was on the summer bucket list and didn’t get done. Maybe the cooler weather will make it easier to stay inside?
I’ve unintentionally made a new tradition by using a coloring page for the list. Coloring makes me slow down, relax and contemplate. Plus I’m a total sucker for sharpie markers and pencil crayons. Now your turn, what’s on your bucket list?